Today is International Women's Day. This day is a celebration of economic, social, cultural, and political achievement of a woman
Is it just marketing or are we really celebrating her? Are we really empowering the women? These are few questions that have been on mind from the couple of days as I see hoardings, billboards about the celebration of women's day.
According to me, empowering a woman is when you perceive a woman without any preconceived notions and judgements. You do not engulf her in any stereotypes that the society has set for her. Even if I can do it for a few women in my surroundings, I will be satisfied as she will be confident and at least try to start taking baby steps. Her happiness will not be dependent on others, and she will take her own decisions.
As women, we just need to do one thing is to support, motivate and inspire our mothers, daughters, sisters, friends, colleagues and sub-ordinates without judging her so that she can stand tall and strong to achieve whatever she wants in her life. This act will really empower her to achieve all her goals.
I recently read a beautiful line "Women are not contributors. They are multipliers. " Think about it!
Wish you all a Happy Women's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment