Friday, 17 February 2012

Being a mother

When I got to know that I'm pregnant, I was overwhelmed with emotions. I was overjoyed, scared, confused, and so on. I was happy that I was going to be creator of a new life, scared because initially during first trimester I had some medical problems and confused whether I will be able to manage the new born and my life. Slowly and steadily through the nine months, I saw a lot of ups and downs. I learned many lessons and understood many things during that phase of my life. I had terrible mood swings during those nine months and my dear husband had to handle me and my moods. He managed the situation and showed his love and care for me. He was always  at the receiving end.

Finally when  the big day arrived, I was eager to find out whether it is a boy or girl, whether s/he looks like me or my husband, s/he has hair and so on. I had a planned C- Section in the month of April. It was one of the best mornings of my life as I was in the OT lying with a lot of expectations. I delivered a baby boy. I had intense pain but I had my bundle of joy with me. When I held him in my arms for the first time, I could not believe that I had actually nurtured him for nine months and now, he is in front of my eyes.

I went through a  lot of physical and emotional changes during that phase. After my son's birth,  it was learning time as I had to understand how to hold, feed and change nappies. It was a time when I felt I was terribly depressed at times as I felt I'm not able to take right care of the new born. during that time, my hubby and parents supported me a lot. I and my husband named our boy "Shreesh". We both liked the name and chose it immediately.

Today, my son is growing and everyday  I see and record his development. The day he made the first sound, he rolled over, he sat, crawled, his first teeth and so on. These milestones in his development are fun to watch and I'm thoroughly enjoying this fabulous phase of life. I too am growing as a mother after the initial hiccups. I know it is not a smooth ride but I'm ready for it. Shreesh is the prized possession of my life, he has brought me and my husband closer and made our relationship stronger.

8 comments:

  1. I loved the realistic approach in the article. Enjoy motherhood and have a great time with Shreesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Surya! Your feedback is quite important for me.

      Delete
  2. Good blog, Manasi..The subject you chose to write is very touchy and emotional one. And I think you have touched all aspects of motherhood.. and still Shreesh is, I think, under a year or so.. you have still many things to unwrap as a mother..but I bet it's going to be very exciting..and..

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful post, Manasi. The magic of this post is motherhood. For every woman, this is an ultimate moment. A moment of magic and now my son is in 12th Standard and taller than me and whenever I look at him , I feel proud and it is incredible feel that he came from me and I just can't love him enough. God bless you and Shreesh and your husband! take care

    ReplyDelete